You don't need an expert to tell you that loud and noisy brakes mean they're going bad. Odds are, you've probably heard them from other vehicles on the road before. Your vehicle's brakes are super essential when it comes to your safety, which is why you should never give them a second thought if you suspect a problem. Here are some persistent sounds that your brakes might make to signal a problem:
- Squealing - Brake pads often have indicators built-in that rub against the brake rotors to make a metallic squeak when they need to be replaced soon. Whenever you catch this sound, it means you should replace the pads soon. It can also be due to debris stuck between the brake pad and rotor or glazing in some circumstances.
- Grinding - When you've entirely worn down your brake pads, they will make a grinding sound. In this case, you should pull over to confirm and call a tow if necessary.
- Clicking - Rotors and calipers work in conjunction with your brake pads to stop your car. If they become damaged or loose, they will emit an unusual thump or click.
Besides some off-putting sounds that you may hear from your brakes, you may also notice other signs that indicate your brakes need service. These symptoms may include:
- Slower than normal response
- Vehicle pulling to one side
- Vibrating or loose brake pedal
- Fluid leaks near the brake parts
Brake Replacement in Coppell, TX
If you think you need a brake replacement soon, please take your car to Bimmer Motor Specialists. Our expert team will thoroughly inspect your brake pads, rotors, calipers, fluid, and more. We will take care of your vehicle and have you back on the road safely in no time.